adjective. ['ˈpjʊrəˌfaɪɪŋ'] freeing from noxious matter.
Words that Rhyme with Purifying
Example sentences of the word purifying
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Neon makes up a fraction of the air you breathe; purifying it is simple and inexpensive.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Serve vegetable trays and light, fruity drinks to complete the purifying experience.
Quotes containing the word purifying
1. It takes courage to love, but pain through love is the purifying fire which those who love generously know. We all know people who are so much afraid of pain that they shut themselves up like clams in a shell and, giving out nothing, receive nothing and therefore shrink until life is a mere living death.
- Eleanor Roosevelt
2. Looking at beauty in the world, is the first step of purifying the mind.
- Amit Ray, Meditation: Insights and Inspirations
3. Plato offers the amazing idea that contemplation of the way things really are is, in itself, a purifying process that can bring human beings into the only divinity there is.
- Jennifer Michael Hecht, Doubt: A History: The Great Doubters and Their Legacy of Innovation from Socrates and Jesus to Thomas Jefferson and Emily Dickinson
adjective. ['ˈpjʊrəˌfaɪɪŋ'] serving to purge or rid of sin.
adjective. ['ˈpjʊrəˌfaɪɪŋ'] acting like an antiseptic.