adjective. ['ˈpʌnɪʃɪŋ'] characterized by effort to the point of exhaustion; especially physical effort.
Words that Rhyme with Punishing
Example sentences of the word punishing
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
* Invite your child to open up about feelings without punishing or making fun of him for them.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Depending on the time of year, overnight temperatures can plunge, and weather can be sudden and punishing.
Quotes containing the word punishing
1. The Federal Government pushing drugs and then punishing marijuana growers is like the pot calling the kettle green.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
2. Live. How many of us need to be reminded that living has nothing to do with trying to be as good as someone else, or trying to fit into some category, or filling in the blanks on some stupid checklist. That it has nothing to do with punishing yourself for past mistakes.
- Suzanne Selfors, Coffeehouse Angel