adjective. ['ˈprɑːməsɪŋ'] showing possibility of achievement or excellence.
Words that Rhyme with Promising
Example sentences of the word promising
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
QVC hosts will be asked to make an in-studio audition, if they look promising.
Select the most promising markets for your piano pieces and read the submission guidelines before submitting.
Quotes containing the word promising
1. They look quite promising in the shop; and not entirely without hope when I get them back into my wardrobe. But then, when I put them on they tend to deteriorate with a very strange rapidity and one feels so sorry for them.
- Joyce Grenfell
2. If you start by promising what you don't even have yet, you'll lose your desire to work towards getting it.
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
3. Every politician has a promising career. Unfortunately, most of them do not keep those promises.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
adjective. ['ˈprɑːməsɪŋ'] full or promise.