noun. ['prəˈfɛsɝ'] someone who is a member of the faculty at a college or university.
- visiting professor
- associate professor
- full professor
- assistant professor
- faculty member
- proffessur (Anglo-Norman)
- professor (Latin)
Words that Rhyme with Professor
How do you spell professor? Is it proffesor ?
A common misspelling of professor is proffesor
Example sentences of the word professor
1. Noun, singular or mass
If you miss something your professor says, it isn't time to panic.
Quotes containing the word professor
1. Do you remember me telling you we are practicing non-verbal spells, Potter?""Yes,"said Harry stiffly."Yes, sir.""There's no need to call me "sir"Professor."The words had escaped him before he knew what he was saying.
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
2. Is it true that you shouted at Professor Umbridge?""Yes.""You called her a liar?""Yes.""You told her He Who Must Not Be Named is back?""Yes.""Have a biscuit, Potter.
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
3. Denzel Washington has a great sense of humor. He did all those 'Nutty Professor' movies.
- Seth MacFarlane