adjective. ['ˈprɛst'] compacted by ironing.
Words that Rhyme with Pressed
Example sentences of the word pressed
1. Verb, past participle
Stand a few feet away from a wall with your hands pressed against it.
Quotes containing the word pressed
1. Works of art often last forever, or nearly so. But exhibitions themselves, especially gallery exhibitions, are like flowers; they bloom and then they die, then exist only as memories, or pressed in magazines and books.
- Jerry Saltz
2. Daemon pressed his forehead against mine. "Oh, I still want to strangle you. But I'm insane. You're crazy. Maybe that's why. We just make crazy together.
- Jennifer L. Armentrout, Onyx
3. Annabeth pressed her lips to Percy’s ear. “I love you.”She wasn’t sure he could hear her—but if they died, she wanted those to be her last words.
- Rick Riordan, The House of Hades
adjective. facing or experiencing financial trouble or difficulty.
- in a bad way