Table of Contents
adjective. ['prəˈfɝːd, prɪˈfɝːd, priːˈfɝːd'] more desirable than another.
Rhymes with Preferred
How do you spell preferred? Is it preffered ?
A common misspelling of preferred is preffered
Sentences with preferred
1. Verb, past participle
A 10-gallon aquarium will serve a pair of geckos, though bigger is preferred.
Chose a dye in your preferred color and clean your sofa with a leather cleaner.
Quotes about preferred
1. It's one of the worst-kept secrets of family life that all parents have a preferred son or daughter, and the rules for acknowledging it are the same everywhere: The favored kids recognize their status and keep quiet about it - the better to preserve the good thing they've got going and to keep their siblings off their back.
- Jeffrey Kluger
2. The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it.
- Terry Pratchett, Monstrous Regiment
3. She had two lips like strawberries, and the seeds gave her kisses texture. I preferred kissing her over two scoops of vanilla ice cream.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book Has No Title