noun. ['ˈpriːtʃɪŋ'] an address of a religious nature (usually delivered during a church service).
Words that Rhyme with Preaching
Example sentences of the word preaching
1. Noun, singular or mass
Homiletics is the study of preaching.
2. Verb, gerund or present participle
The effect of her narration pinpoints evil without preaching against it.
Quotes containing the word preaching
1. I like the silent church before the service begins, better than any preaching.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self-Reliance and Other Essays
2. We are preaching hope, standing on the bones of the past.
- John Rucyahana, The Bishop of Rwanda: Finding Forgiveness Amidst a Pile of Bones
noun. ['ˈpriːtʃɪŋ'] a moralistic rebuke.