noun. ['pɔrˈtreɪɪŋ'] a representation by picture or portraiture.
- -ing (English)
- -ing (Middle English (1100-1500))
- portray (English)
- portraire (Middle French (ca. 1400-1600))
Words that Rhyme with Portraying
Example sentences of the word portraying
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
This includes being in good health with no skin allergies and portraying a pleasant personality.
Advertisers are increasingly portraying women who do not conform to a difficult-to-achieve ideal.
Quotes containing the word portraying
1. I’ve become skeptical of the unwritten rule that just because a boy and girl appear in the same feature, a romance must ensue. Rather, I want to portray a slightly different relationship, one where the two mutually inspire each other to live - if I’m able to, then perhaps I’ll be closer to portraying a true expression of love.
- Hayao Miyazaki
2. ...wearing a turban of yellow, signifying knowledge, and a robe of purple, portraying purity and activity, Virchand Gandhi of Bombay delivered a lecture on the religions of India....
- The New York Times