noun. ['ˈpɪnɪŋ'] a mutual promise of a couple not to date anyone else; on college campuses it was once signaled by the giving of a fraternity pin.
Rhymes with Pinning
Sentences with pinning
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Create a 1-inch hem, pinning all the way around the bottom of the skirt.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Stand in front of a mirror and start pinning.
Quotes about pinning
1. A SMALL PIECE OF TRUTHI do not carry a sickle or scythe.I only wear a hooded black robe when it's cold.And I don't have those skull-like facial features you seem to enjoy pinning on me from a distance. You want to know what I truly look like? I'll help you out. Find yourself a mirror while I continue.
- Markus Zusak, The Book Thief
2. Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.
- Matt Groening, The Big Book of Hell
3. He then put both hands on the door on either side of my head and leaned in close, pinning me against it. I trembled like a downy rabbit caught in the clutches of a wolf. The wolf came closer. He bent his head and began nuzzling my cheek. The problem was…I wanted the wolf to devour me.
- Colleen Houck, Tiger's Curse