Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈpaɪəti'] righteousness by virtue of being pious.
Rhymes with Piety
Sentences with piety
1. Noun, singular or mass
Lifestyle evangelism is demonstrating love for God and love for others through acts of piety and service.
Quotes about piety
1. The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor WitShall lure it back to cancel half a Line,Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
- Omar Khayyám
2. My atheism, like that of Spinoza, is true piety towards the universe and denies only gods fashioned by men in their own image, to be servants of their human interests.
- George Santayana, Soliloquies in England & Later Soliloquies
3. He was very religious; he believed that he had a secret pact with God which exempted him from doing good in exchange for prayers and piety.
- Jorge Luis Borges, The Aleph and Other Stories