adjective. ['ˈpɪrst'] having a hole cut through.
Rhymes with Pierced
Sentences with pierced
1. Verb, past participle
Tip your head to the side, with the side of your nose that is pierced facing the ceiling.
Quotes about pierced
1. Words can be like X-rays if you use them properly -- they’ll go through anything. You read and you’re pierced.
- Aldous Huxley, Brave New World
2. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
3. Tears of joy are like the summer rain drops pierced by sunbeams.
- Hosea Ballou