adjective. ['ˈpɝːki'] characterized by liveliness and lightheartedness.
- -y (English)
- -y (Middle English (1100-1500))
- perk (English)
- perquisite (English)
Words that Rhyme with Perky
Example sentences of the word perky
This small, study dog features a smooth coat and a perky face that gives the impression of alertness.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Wash your perky pup as necessary to keep his coat clean and white.
Quotes containing the word perky
1. And while my mind is telling me I'm flirting with her just to prove a point, my body wants to play "you show me your perky privates and I'll show you mine.
- Simone Elkeles, Rules of Attraction
2. She tried to act as though it were nothing to go to the library alone. But her happiness betrayed her. Her smile could not be restrained, and it spread from her tightly pressed mouth, to her round cheeks, almost to the hair ribbons tied in perky bows over her ears.
- Maud Hart Lovelace, Betsy and Tacy Go Downtown