Table of Contents
adjective. ['ˈpɛrələs'] fraught with danger.
- perilleus (Old French (842-ca. 1400))
- -eus (Old French (842-ca. 1400))
Rhymes with Perilous
How do you pronounce perilous?
Pronounce perilous as ˈpɛrələs.
US - How to pronounce perilous in American English
UK - How to pronounce perilous in British English
Sentences with perilous
The sale of nonexempt property before or during a Chapter 7 bankruptcy is perilous to your case.
Quotes about perilous
1. I could not tread these perilous paths in safety, if I did not keep a saving sense of humor.
- Horatio Nelson
2. There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.
- Niccolo Machiavelli
3. Learning without thought is labor lost; thought without learning is perilous.