adjective. ['ˈpeɪvd'] covered with a firm surface.
Rhymes with Paved
Sentences with paved
1. Verb, past tense
Park the Civic on a level, paved surface and set the parking brake.
Its RV sites are full hookups and are accessed by paved roads.
3. Verb, past participle
Compute the surface area to be paved.
Quotes about paved
1. The road to hell is paved with adverbs.
- Stephen King, On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
2. I mean, yeah, I'm sure that Python and the other things have paved the way for a greater understanding of the British sense of humor, but I don't think it's all that different than the American sense of humor.
- Simon Pegg
3. The road to hell isn't paved with gold, it's paved with faith. Faith in a dollar that's backed by a belief that people have faith in other people's belief in it.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE