adjective. ['ˌpeɪtriːˈɑːtɪk'] inspired by love for your country.
Rhymes with Patriotic
Sentences with patriotic
Choose a patriotic song or poem to sing or recite.
Quotes about patriotic
1. It’s not unpatriotic to denounce an injustice committed on our behalf, perhaps it’s the most patriotic thing we can do.
- E.A. Bucchianeri, Brushstrokes of a Gadfly
2. [W]hat makes patriotic and religious fanatics such dangerous opponents is not the deaths of the fanatics themselves, but their willingness to accept the deaths of a fraction of their number in order to annihilate or crush their infidel enemy.
- Jared Diamond, Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies
3. Unless education promotes character making, unless it helps men to be more moral, more just to their fellows, more law abiding, more discriminatingly patriotic and public spirited, it is not worth the trouble taken to furnish it.
- William Howard Taft