Table of Contents
adverb. ['ˈpɑːrtli'] in part; in some degree; not wholly.
- -ly (English)
- -lice (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- part (English)
- part (Middle English (1100-1500))
Rhymes with Partly
How do you pronounce partly?
Pronounce partly as ˈpɑrtli.
US - How to pronounce partly in American English
UK - How to pronounce partly in British English
Sentences with partly
This is partly because the tree transpires water into the atmosphere.
Quotes about partly
1. The message of Jesus is summed up partly in the Sermon on the Mount, and partly when he begins his ministry and quotes the passage from Isaiah: 'I have come to set free the prisoners and restore sight to the blind.' And certainly, his mission is also to bring hope. It was to heal people, to befriend the outcast.
- Dan Wakefield
2. So when the moon's only partly full, you only feel a little wolfy?""You could say that.""Well, you can go ahead and hang your head out the car window if you feel like it.""I'm a werewolf, not a golden retriever.
- Cassandra Clare
3. I have this horrible sense of humor where I think discomfort is funny - partly because I experience discomfort a lot, and it's a way of laughing at it and getting a release.
- Joaquin Phoenix