Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈpɑːrtɪŋ'] the act of departing politely.
- going away
Rhymes with Parting
How do you pronounce parting?
Pronounce parting as ˈpɑrtɪŋ.
US - How to pronounce parting in American English
UK - How to pronounce parting in British English
Sentences with parting
1. Noun, singular or mass
A modest, brief kiss for a greeting or parting is acceptable as well.
2. Verb, gerund or present participle
Shape your hair back on the top and sides rather than parting it.
Thank guests for coming to the party with parting gifts.
Quotes about parting
1. Good night, good night! parting is such sweet sorrow, That I shall say good night till it be morrow.
- William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet
2. Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love.
- George Eliot
3. What greater thing is there for two human souls, than to feel that they are joined for life--to strengthen each other in all labor, to rest on each other in all sorrow, to minister to each other in all pain, to be one with each other in silent unspeakable memories at the moment of the last parting?
- George Eliot, Adam Bede
noun. ['ˈpɑːrtɪŋ'] a line of scalp that can be seen when sections of hair are combed in opposite directions.
- pull in
- be born