adjective. ['ˈpeɪnd'] hurt or upset.
Words that Rhyme with Pained
Example sentences of the word pained
Does he meow or make pained noises when he tries to go?
Quotes containing the word pained
1. The scar had not pained Harry for nineteen years. All was well.
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
2. I’ll make Goyle do lines, it’ll kill him, he hates writing,” said Ron happily. He lowered his voice to Goyle’s low grunt and, screwing up his face in a look of pained concentration, mimed writing in midair. “I... must... not... look... like... a... baboon’s... backside.
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
3. Letting him goThere is a particular kind of suffering to be experienced when you love something greater than yourself. A tender sacrifice. Like the pained silence felt in the lost song of a mermaid; or the bent and broken feet of a dancing ballerina. It is in every considered step I am taking in the opposite direction of you.
- Lang Leav