adjective. ['ˈoʊnd'] having an owner; often used in combination.
Words that Rhyme with Owned
Example sentences of the word owned
1. Verb, past tense
Your capital gain is short term -- taxed at your marginal rate -- since you never owned the stock.
2. Verb, past participle
If you don't record, these people can claim that they didn't know you owned it.
Quotes containing the word owned
1. Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.
- Denis Waitley
2. Sometimes you remind me a lot of James. He called it my 'furry little problem' in company. Many people were under the impression that I owned a badly behaved rabbit.
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
3. It is clear that the books owned the shop rather than the other way about. Everywhere they had run wild and taken possession of their habitat, breeding and multiplying, and clearly lacking any strong hand to keep them down.
- Agatha Christie, The Clocks