Table of Contents
adverb. ['ˌoʊvɝˈwɛlmɪŋli, ˌoʊvɝˈhwɛlmɪŋli'] incapable of being resisted.
- -ly (English)
- -lice (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- overwhelming (English)
Rhymes with Overwhelmingly
Sentences with overwhelmingly
Cooking this wine concentrates its delicate flavors, making them more pronounced but not overwhelmingly so.
Quotes about overwhelmingly
1. We've been surrounded by images of space our whole lives, from the speculative images of science fiction to the inspirational visions of artists to the increasingly beautiful pictures made possible by complex technologies. But whilst we have an overwhelmingly vivid visual understanding of space, we have no sense of what space sounds like.
- Honor Harger
2. It is not possible to be 'incidentally a Christian.' The fact of Christianity must be overwhelmingly first or nothing. This suggests a reason for the dislike of Christians by nominal or non-Christians: their lives contain no overwhelming first but many balances.
- Sheldon Vanauken
3. Even if not a single fossil has ever been found, the evidence from surviving animals would still overwhelmingly force the conclusion that Darwin was right.
- Richard Dawkins, The Greatest Show on Earth: The Evidence for Evolution