Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈʌvən'] kitchen appliance used for baking or roasting.
- gas oven
- kitchen appliance
- Dutch oven
- oven (Middle English (1100-1500))
- ofen (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
Rhymes with Oven
How do you pronounce oven?
Pronounce oven as ˈəvən.
US - How to pronounce oven in American English
UK - How to pronounce oven in British English
Sentences with oven
Leave the room for half an hour while the Easy-Off oven cleaner does its magic.
2. Verb, past participle
Rooms include a work desk, microwave oven, refrigerator and newspaper delivery.
3. Noun, singular or mass
Remove the baking tray from the oven after cooking.
A pizza oven should have 12 inches on one side and 24 inches on the other.
5. Personal pronoun
Heat oven to 350 F.
Quotes about oven
1. My sense of humor is a turkey, and I pull it out of the oven and baste it in reality.
- Tracy Morgan
2. With optimism, you look upon the sunny side of things. People say, 'Studs, you're an optimist.' I never said I was an optimist. I have hope because what's the alternative to hope? Despair? If you have despair, you might as well put your head in the oven.
- Studs Terkel
3. I buried the lasagna, because it was better than disposing of a dead body. I’ve been burned in a relationship, but never in an oven. I’ll try harder.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
adjective. prepared before sale and ready to be cooked.
adjective. shaped like an oven.