adverb. ['ˈaʊtwɝdli'] with respect to the outside.
- -ly (English)
- -lice (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- outward (English)
- -ward (English)
Rhymes with Outwardly
Sentences with outwardly
They wiggle around and their paw kicks can be seen outwardly in the mother’s abdomen area.
Quotes about outwardly
1. Love consists of not looking each other in the eye, but of looking outwardly in the same direction.
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Airman's Odyssey
2. He said you were the only one who was bitter about S.'s suicide and the only one who really forgave him for it. The rest of us, he said, were outwardly unbitter and inwardly unforgiving.
- J.D. Salinger, Franny and Zooey