adjective. ['ˈaʊˈtraɪt'] without reservation or exception.
Words that Rhyme with Outright
Example sentences of the word outright
The best thing about buying a car is that you can eventually own it outright.
The worst-case scenario for a homeowner's policy is the outright replacement of your house.
3. Noun, singular or mass
Then ask outright for the dollar amount you deserve.
Quotes containing the word outright
1. Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
2. Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.
- Helen Keller, The Open Door
3. Half-truths are worth more than outright lies.
- George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords
adverb. ['ˈaʊˈtraɪt'] without any delay.
- in a flash