verb. ['ˌaʊtˈlɪv'] live longer than.
- be well
- outliven (Middle English (1100-1500))
Words that Rhyme with Outlive
Example sentences of the word outlive
1. Verb, base form
The main benefit of an annuity is that they pay an income that you cannot outlive.
2. Verb, non-3rd person singular present
Parrots are popular pets, but with their long lifespans, they often outlive their owners.
Many investors place money into an annuity to guarantee that they will not outlive assets.
Quotes containing the word outlive
1. Let me die the moment my love dies. Let me not outlive my own capacity to love. Let me die still loving, and so, never die.
- Mary Zimmerman, Metamorphoses
2. I've got death inside me. It's just a question of whether or not I can outlive it.
- Don DeLillo, White Noise
3. Love is a flower that should never cease to grow. Nurture it, and it will outlive you. Neglect it, and it will wilt away and die.
- Suzy Kassem, Rise Up and Salute the Sun: The Writings of Suzy Kassem