adjective. ['əˈpoʊzɪŋ'] characterized by active hostility.
Rhymes with Opposing
Sentences with opposing
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
On the opposing board, pull the sheer very tight and staple it in the middle.
Quotes about opposing
1. Sympathy constitutes friendship; but in love there is a sort of antipathy, or opposing passion. Each strives to be the other, and both together make up one whole.
- Samuel Taylor Coleridge
2. An artist is someone who can hold two opposing viewpoints and still remain fully functional.
- F. Scott Fitzgerald
3. We’re built of contradictions, all of us. It’s those opposing forces that give us strength, like an arch, each block pressing the next. Give me a man whose parts are all aligned in agreement and I’ll show you madness. We walk a narrow path, insanity to each side. A man without contradictions to balance him will soon veer off.
- Mark Lawrence, King of Thorns