Table of Contents
adverb. ['əˈfɪʃəli'] with official authorization.
- -ly (English)
- -lice (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- official (English)
- official (Old French (842-ca. 1400))
Rhymes with Officially
Sentences with officially
Save those for the victory celebration when that title is officially in your name.
Quotes about officially
1. But I have to confess, I'm glad you two had at least a few months of happiness together."I'm not glad,"says Peeta. "I wish we had waited until the whole thing was done officially."This takes even Caesar aback. "Surely even a brief time is better than no time?"Maybe I'd think that, too, Caesar,"says Peeta bitterly, "If it weren't for the baby.
- Suzanne Collins, Catching Fire
2. Can officially confirm that the way to a man's heart these days is not through beauty, food, sex, or alluringness of character, but merely the ability to seem not very interested in him.
- Helen Fielding, Bridget Jones's Diary
3. I had fun last night,"I told Patch, flicking off my chin strap and handing over my helmet. "I'm officially on love with your sheets.""That the only thing you're in love with?""Nope. Your mattress, too."Some smile crept into Patch's eyes. "My bed's an open invitation.
- Becca Fitzpatrick, Silence