Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈɔfɝɪŋ, ˈɔfrɪŋ'] something offered (as a proposal or bid).
Rhymes with Offering
Sentences with offering
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
You can build a loyal customer base by offering a personalized service from the outset.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Atlantic City is full of casinos offering slot machines and table games.
Quotes about offering
1. To be fully seen by somebody, then, and be loved anyhow - this is a human offering that can border on miraculous.
- Elizabeth Gilbert, Committed: A Skeptic Makes Peace with Marriage
2. True generosity is an offering; given freely and out of pure love. No strings attached. No expectations. Time and love are the most valuable possession you can share.
- Suze Orman
3. Real magic can never be made by offering someone else's liver. You must tear out your own, and not expect to get it back.
- Peter S. Beagle, The Last Unicorn
noun. ['ˈɔfɝɪŋ, ˈɔfrɪŋ'] the verbal act of offering.
noun. ['ˈɔfɝɪŋ, ˈɔfrɪŋ'] the act of contributing to the funds of a church or charity.
noun. ['ˈɔfɝɪŋ, ˈɔfrɪŋ'] money contributed to a religious organization.