noun. ['ˈnɝːsɪŋ'] the work of caring for the sick or injured or infirm.
Words that Rhyme with Nursing
Example sentences of the word nursing
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Mothers use these sounds to talk to their babies and the babies often purr as they are nursing.
2. Noun, singular or mass
For instance, if your are interested in becoming a nurse, volunteer at a nursing home.
The nurse staffing coordinator is responsible for providing nursing staff for various medical care facilities.
Quotes containing the word nursing
1. Life appears to me too short to be spent in nursing animosity, or registering wrongs.
- Charlotte Bronte
2. Life appears to me too short to be spent in nursing animosity or registering wrongs.
- Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre
3. 33 old people went into a nursing home, and only 34 people came out alive. One old woman died while giving birth to twins.
- Jarod Kintz, The Titanic would never have sunk if it were made out of a sink.
noun. ['ˈnɝːsɪŋ'] the profession of a nurse.
noun. ['ˈnɝːsɪŋ'] nourishing at the breast.
- breast feeding