noun. ['ˈnuːɑːns'] a subtle difference in meaning or opinion or attitude.
Words that Rhyme with Nuance
Example sentences of the word nuance
1. Noun, singular or mass
This tradeoff adds nuance to the question of money market account safety.
Quotes containing the word nuance
1. Now I found it in writing sentences. You can write that sentence in a way that you would have written it last year. Or you can write it in the way of the exquisite nuance that is sriting in your mind now. But that takes a lot of ... waiting for the right word to come.
- Joseph Campbell, The Hero's Journey: Joseph Campbell on His Life & Work
2. Most of the writers I know work every day, in obscurity and close to poverty, trying to say one thing well and true. Day in, day out, they labor to find their voice, to learn their trade, to understand nuance and pace. And then, facing a sea of rejections, they hear about something like Barbara Bush’s dog getting a book deal.
- Timothy Egan
3. I wanted that future officer to weigh decisions with a supple mind and to be comfortable with nuance and uncertainty.
- Craig M. Mullaney, The Unforgiving Minute: A Soldier's Education