adverb. ['ˈnuːli'] very recently.
- newly (Middle English (1100-1500))
Rhymes with Newly
How do you pronounce newly?
Pronounce newly as ˈnuli.
US - How to pronounce newly in American English
UK - How to pronounce newly in British English
Sentences with newly
Lay the newly cut ribbon on a flat surface.
Quotes about newly
1. No, this is not the beginning of a new chapter in my life; this is the beginning of a new book! That first book is already closed, ended, and tossed into the seas; this new book is newly opened, has just begun! Look, it is the first page! And it is a beautiful one!
- C. JoyBell C.
2. Love, whether newly born or aroused from a deathlike slumber, must always create sunshine, filling the heart so full of radiance, that it overflows upon the outward world.
- Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter
3. He who is in love is wise and is becoming wiser, sees newly every time he looks at the object beloved, drawing from it with his eyes and his mind those virtues which it possesses.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson