Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈnɝːd'] an intelligent but single-minded expert in a particular technical field or profession.
Rhymes with Nerd
How do you pronounce nerd?
Pronounce nerd as nərd.
US - How to pronounce nerd in American English
UK - How to pronounce nerd in British English
Sentences with nerd
1. Noun, singular or mass
Dressing up as a nerd from the 1950s can make for a fun, easy Halloween or theme-party costume.
2. Verb, non-3rd person singular present
Or, maybe you find customers that nerd out over the same things you do.
Quotes about nerd
1. Being a nerd, which is to say going too far and caring too much about a subject, is the best way to make friends I know.
- Sarah Vowell, The Partly Cloudy Patriot
2. Nerd girls are the world’s most underutilized romantic resource. And guys, do not tell me that nerd girls are not hot because that shows a Paris Hilton-esque failure to understand hotness.
- John Green
3. Ah,” said Magnus. “Nerd love. It is a beautiful thing, while also being an object of mockery and hilarity for those of us who are more sophisticated.
- Cassandra Clare, City of Lost Souls
noun. ['ˈnɝːd'] an insignificant student who is ridiculed as being affected or boringly studious.