adjective. ['ˈniːdəd, ˈniːdɪd'] necessary for relief or supply.
- -ed (English)
- -od (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- need (English)
- need (Middle English (1100-1500))
Words that Rhyme with Needed
Example sentences of the word needed
1. Verb, past participle
Do you have most of the equipment and machinery needed?
2. Verb, past tense
But this recommendation is simply the minimum amount needed for overall health, according to Harvard Health Publishing.
Quotes containing the word needed
1. I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams, The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul
2. The sculptor produces the beautiful statue by chipping away such parts of the marble block as are not needed - it is a process of elimination.
- Elbert Hubbard
3. The new 'Joy' was needed for a number of reasons. Recent developments in nutrition and new ingredients were two of the major reasons for the revision. One of the other big reasons was America's new love for big flavors. Yay!
- Irma S. Rombauer