adjective. ['ˈnɪrˈbaɪ'] close at hand.
Words that Rhyme with Nearby
How do you spell nearby? Is it nearbye ?
A common misspelling of nearby is nearbye
Example sentences of the word nearby
1. Noun, plural
Drivers of these vehicles are still forbidden to have an open container of alcohol nearby.
The beach is black volcanic sand with palm tree-lined bays and towering mountains nearby.
When in Tombstone, take a drive to the nearby mining town of Bisbee just south of town.
Quotes containing the word nearby
1. Hey Mason, wipe the drool off your face. If you're going to think about me naked, do it on your own time."[...]"This is my time, Hathaway. I'm leading today's session.""Oh yeah?"I retorted. "Huh. Well, I guess this is a good time to think about me naked, then.""It's always a good a time to think about you naked,"added someone nearby, breaking the tension further.
- Richelle Mead, Vampire Academy
2. Don't be afraid of the shadows, that only means there's a light nearby.
3. Aubrey, crouching on a nearby counter, watched me with squinty eyes, apparently pondering why anyone would willingly immerse themselves in water ever, let alone for extended periods of time.
- Richelle Mead, Succubus Blues