adjective. ['ˈnæpɪŋ'] not prepared or vigilant.
- off your guard
- off her guard
- off his guard
- off one's guard
- off guard
Rhymes with Napping
Sentences with napping
1. Noun, singular or mass
To help kids feel cozy in their seat and promote napping, give a cuddly present.
2. Verb, gerund or present participle
Oreo could not be reached for comment on her new do as she is napping soundly and snoring loudly.
Quotes about napping
1. If you need me I’ll be napping in the supplies closet. The most important part of an attack is the planning.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
2. Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary, Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore — While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping, As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
- Edgar Allan Poe, Edgar Allan Poe: Selected Poems