adjective. ['ˈmɝːdɝd'] killed unlawfully.
Rhymes with Murdered
Sentences with murdered
1. Verb, past participle
The one with the least amount of points is murdered--in the game, that is.
2. Verb, past tense
After conquering the Balkans, Attila murdered his brother to rule alone.
Quotes about murdered
1. Catherine Earnshaw, may you not rest as long as I am living. You said I killed you--haunt me then. The murdered do haunt their murderers. I believe--I know that ghosts have wandered the earth. Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad. Only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you! Oh, God! It is unutterable! I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!
- Emily Brontë, Wuthering Heights
2. When someone tells you somebody’s been murdered, laughing is probably not the best response. You know, for future reference.But laughing is exactly what I did.
- Rachel Hawkins, Hex Hall
3. My name is Salmon, like the fish; first name, Susie. I was fourteen when I was murdered.
- Alice Sebold, The Lovely Bones