Table of Contents
adjective. ['ˈmɔrnfəl'] expressing sorrow.
- -ful (English)
- mourn (English)
- murnan (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
Rhymes with Mournful
Sentences with mournful
These countries had their own style of play, mostly mournful and haunting.
Quotes about mournful
1. This is a mournful discovery.1)Those who agree with you are insane2)Those who do not agree with you are in power.
- Philip K. Dick, VALIS
2. Tell me not in mournful numbers,Life is but an empty dream!For the soul is dead that slumbers,And things are not what they seem.Life is real! Life is earnest!And the grave is not its goal;Dust thou are, to dust thou returnest,Was not spoken of the soul.
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Voices of the Night
3. Mournful and yet grand is the destiny of the artist.
- Franz Liszt