Table of Contents
adjective. ['ˈmaʊntəd, ˈmaʊntɪd, ˈmaʊnɪd'] assembled for use; especially by being attached to a support.
Rhymes with Mounted
How do you pronounce mounted?
Pronounce mounted as ˈmaʊnɪd.
US - How to pronounce mounted in American English
UK - How to pronounce mounted in British English
Sentences with mounted
1. Verb, past participle
Bend one of the pins that is found mounted on the board.
2. Verb, past tense
The spring guide is a flat steel bracket mounted vertically with three holes in it.
Insert two AA batteries into the thermostat, then snap the thermostat cover into place over the mounted base.
Quotes about mounted
1. As my sufferings mounted I soon realized that there were two ways in which I could respond to my situation -- either to react with bitterness or seek to transform the suffering into a creative force. I decided to follow the latter course.
- Martin Luther King Jr.
2. Oh Jake,"Brett said, "We could have had such a damned good time together."Ahead was a mounted policeman in khaki directing traffic. He raised his baton. The car slowed suddenly, pressing Brett against me.Yes,"I said. "Isn't it pretty to think so?
- Ernest Hemingway, The Sun Also Rises
3. Last year I built a Courage Machine, but I thought it might be noisy and was too afraid to turn it on. So I coated it with glue, covered it with cat hair, mounted it on my wall, and started claiming it was an exotic animal I killed on a Safari in Africa. I'd like to believe people believe me, on account of it being so strange that it has to be true.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
adjective. ['ˈmaʊntəd, ˈmaʊntɪd, ˈmaʊnɪd'] decorated with applied ornamentation; often used in combination.