Table of Contents
adjective. ['ˈmoʊʃənləs'] not in physical motion.
- -less (English)
- -leas (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- motion (English)
- motion (Anglo-Norman)
Rhymes with Motionless
Sentences with motionless
Torsion is a deformation of the structure caused by the twisting of one end while the other remains motionless.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Tighten your stomach muscles while you exhale through your mouth, again keeping the hand on the chest motionless.
3. Adverb, comparative
Most house spiders are nocturnal, spending their days motionless in their webs.
Quotes about motionless
1. I want to do it too!"(sitting motionless)Nudge: "Nope, you stand out like a fart in a church."Max: (muttering) "Appropriately enough."Iggy: "What about me?"(stands still)Max: "No, you're visible."Iggy: "Am not!"Max: (throws a pinecone at him) "Could I do that if I wouldn't see you?
- James Patterson, The Final Warning
2. We made love like two folding lawn chairs. We were both motionless, but the possibility of movement permeated the moment.
- Jarod Kintz, Love quotes for the ages. Specifically ages 18-81.
3. Not till your thoughts cease all their branching here and there, not till you abandon all thoughts of seeking for something, not till your mind is motionless as wood or stone, will you be on the right road to the Gate.
- Huang Po, The Zen Teaching of Huang Po: On the Transmission of Mind