Table of Contents
adjective. ['ˌmɑːnjəˈmɛntəl, ˌmɑːnjəˈmɛnəl, ˌmɑːnjuːˈmɛntəl'] imposing in size or bulk or solidity.
Rhymes with Monumental
Sentences with monumental
This relatively simple task can become monumental when it’s not done consistently.
Quotes about monumental
1. The Hercules' was a monumental undertaking. It is the largest aircraft ever built... I put the sweat of my life into this thing.
- Howard Hughes
2. A complete stranger has the capacity to alter the life of another irrevocably. This domino effect has the capacity to change the course of an entire world. That is what life is; a chain reaction of individuals colliding with others and influencing their lives without realizing it. A decision that seems miniscule to you, may be monumental to the fate of the world.
- J.D. Stroube, Caged by Damnation
3. Oh, something is there, waiting for me. Perhaps someday the revelation will burst in upon me and I will see the other side of this monumental grotesque joke. And then I'll laugh. And then I'll know what life is.
- Sylvia Plath, The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath
adjective. ['ˌmɑːnjəˈmɛntəl, ˌmɑːnjəˈmɛnəl, ˌmɑːnjuːˈmɛntəl'] of outstanding significance.