noun. ['ˌmɪsəndɝˈstændɪŋ'] putting the wrong interpretation on.
- law of nature
Words that Rhyme with Misunderstanding
Example sentences of the word misunderstanding
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Detail exactly what you want to happen next so there is no room for misunderstanding from the recipient.
2. Noun, singular or mass
I statements are a form of direct communication, leaving little room for misunderstanding.
Quotes containing the word misunderstanding
1. Love involves a peculiar unfathomable combination of understanding and misunderstanding.
- Diane Arbus
2. Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.
- Ambrose Bierce
3. Nothing is more natural than mutual misunderstanding; the contrary is always surprising. I believe that one never agrees on anything except by mistake, and that all harmony among human beings is the happy fruit of an error.
- Paul Valéry, The Art of Poetry
noun. ['ˌmɪsəndɝˈstændɪŋ'] an understanding of something that is not correct.