adjective. ['ˈmɪljən'] (in Roman numerals, M written with a macron over it) denoting a quantity consisting of 1,000,000 items or units.
Words that Rhyme with Million
How do you spell million? Is it milion ?
A common misspelling of million is milion
Example sentences of the word million
1. Cardinal number
Their goal is to make is to one million trees by 2020.
Quotes containing the word million
1. Life isn't black and white. It's a million gray areas, don't you find?
- Ridley Scott
2. The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well, on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.
- Douglas Adams, The Salmon of Doubt: Hitchhiking the Galaxy One Last Time
3. I think and think and think, I‘ve thought myself out of happiness one million times, but never once into it.
- Jonathan Safran Foer
noun. ['ˈmɪljən'] the number that is represented as a one followed by 6 zeros.
- one thousand thousand
noun. ['ˈmɪljən'] a very large indefinite number (usually hyperbole).
- large indefinite quantity
- large indefinite amount