adverb. ['ˈmaɪldli'] in a gentle manner.
- -ly (English)
- -lice (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- mild (English)
- milde (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
Words that Rhyme with Mildly
Example sentences of the word mildly
Rub it off with a mildly abrasive towel like a rough towel or a cheesecloth.
Quotes containing the word mildly
1. I've never stunned anyone except in our D.A. lessons,"said Luna, sounding mildly interested. "That was noisier than I thought it would be.
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
2. What if life could be this way? Only the happy parts, none of the terrible, not even the mildly unpleasant. What if we could just cut out the bad and keep the good? This is what I want to do with Violet - give her only the good, keep away the bad, so that good is all we ever have around us.
- Jennifer Niven, All the Bright Places
3. I swear, talking to you is like talking to a really good-looking and mildly stupid brick wall.
- Derek Landy, Death Bringer