noun. ['ˈmaɪkrəˌskoʊp'] magnifier of the image of small objects.
- camera lucida
- electron microscope
- microscopium (Latin)
Words that Rhyme with Microscope
Example sentences of the word microscope
1. Noun, singular or mass
Hookworms are hard to see without a microscope but also cause issues for dog and puppy health.
Quotes containing the word microscope
1. Love looks through a telescope; envy, through a microscope.
- Josh Billings
2. Nature composes some of her loveliest poems for the microscope and the telescope.
- Theodore Roszak, Where the Wasteland Ends
3. where the telescope ends the microscope begins, and who can say which has the wider vision?
- Victor Hugo, Les Misérables