verb. ['ˈmɛmɝˌaɪz'] commit to memory; learn by heart.
- hit the books
Words that Rhyme with Memorize
Example sentences of the word memorize
1. Verb, base form
The second way is much easier, but you need to memorize it.
2. Verb, non-3rd person singular present
This piece is so famous among trombone players that many players memorize it and play it regularly.
Quotes containing the word memorize
1. Never memorize something that you can look up.
- Albert Einstein
2. 1492. As children we were taught to memorize this year with pride and joy as the year people began living full and imaginative lives on the continent of North America. Actually, people had been living full and imaginative lives on the continent of North America for hundreds of years before that. 1492 was simply the year sea pirates began to rob, cheat, and kill them.
- Kurt Vonnegut
3. Yesterday I memorized Shakespeare, and tomorrow I'm also going to memorize his first name.
- Jarod Kintz, It Occurred to Me