adjective. ['ˈmɛltəd, ˈmɛltɪd'] changed from a solid to a liquid state.
Words that Rhyme with Melted
Example sentences of the word melted
1. Verb, past participle
Adding red pepper jelly to the Brie provides a sweet flavor to go with the melted cheese.
Cut up fresh fruit and pound cake to dip into the melted chocolate.
Quotes containing the word melted
1. Earth teach me to forget myself as melted snow forgets its life. Earth teach me resignation as the leaves which die in the fall. Earth teach me courage as the tree which stands all alone. Earth teach me regeneration as the seed which rises in the spring.
- William Alexander
2. In my rush, I hadn’t tied my shoelaces. Noah was now tying them for me. He looked up at me through his dark fringe of lashes and smiled. The expression on his face melted me completely. I knew I had the goofiest grin plastered on my lips, and didn’t care. “There,” he said as he finished tying the laces on my left shoe. “Now you won’t fall.”Too late.
- Michelle Hodkin, The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
3. As the ice melted, we fell in love—slowly. I just wish the ice were in two glasses of vodka, and not surrounding our bodies.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE