noun. ['ˌmæθəməˈtɪʃən'] a person skilled in mathematics.
- mathematical statistician
- probability theorist
Words that Rhyme with Mathematician
How do you spell mathematician? Is it mathmatician ?
A common misspelling of mathematician is mathmatician
Example sentences of the word mathematician
Lawyers also need to structure their arguments much like a mathematician structures a proof.
2. Noun, singular or mass
It takes its name from a Greek mathematician named Euclid who lived in the third century B.C.
Quotes containing the word mathematician
1. I used to be really cute. I could send you earlier photos where I'm stunning. But I've gained about twenty pounds over the past two years, and the more weight I've put on, the more success I've had. If you drew a diagram of weight gain and me getting more work, a mathematician would draw some conclusions from that.
- Zach Galifianakis
2. The difference between the poet and the mathematician is that the poet tries to get his head into the heavens while the mathematician tries to get the heavens into his head.
- G.K. Chesterton
3. No mathematician in the world would bother making these senseless distinctions: 2 1/2 is a "mixed number "while 5/2 is an "improper fraction."They're EQUAL for crying out loud. They are the exact same numbers and have the exact same properties. Who uses such words outside of fourth grade?
- Paul Lockhart, A Mathematician's Lament: How School Cheats Us Out of Our Most Fascinating and Imaginative Art Form