noun. ['ˈmætʃˌbɑːks'] a box for holding matches.
- box (English)
- box (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- match (English)
- macche (Middle English (1100-1500))
Rhymes with Matchbox
Sentences with matchbox
1. Noun, singular or mass
Peel and tear the cardboard of the matchbox boxes to remove the chalk from the boxes.
Quotes about matchbox
1. My capacity for happiness,"he added, "you could fit into a matchbox without taking out the matches first
- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
2. If you gave [Jerry] Falwell an enema he could be buried in a matchbox.
- Christopher Hitchens