noun. a small reddish planet that is the 4th from the sun and is periodically visible to the naked eye; minerals rich in iron cover its surface and are responsible for its characteristic color.
- Red Planet
- Mars (Latin)
Words that Rhyme with Mars
Example sentences of the word mars
1. Verb, 3rd person singular present
Nothing mars a pretty picture like a stain.
Quotes containing the word mars
1. I love life in spite of all that mars it. I love friendship, jokes and laughter.
- Tahar Ben Jelloun
2. For me my friendship with Omar Rodriguez from Mars Volta that friendship really means a lot to me because he's another creative person who works as hard as I do.
- John Frusciante
3. Two hundred Romans, and no one’s got a pen? Never mind!"He slung his M16 onto his back and pulled out a hand grenade. There were many screaming Romans. Then the hand grenade morphed into a ballpoint pen, and Mars began to write. Frank looked at Percy with wide eyes. He mouthed: Can your sword do grenade form?Percy mouthed back, No. Shut up.
- Rick Riordan, The Son of Neptune