noun. ['ˈmædˌmæn'] an insane person.
- diseased person
- sick person
- -man (English)
- mad (English)
- medd (Middle English (1100-1500))
Words that Rhyme with Madman
Example sentences of the word madman
1. Noun, singular or mass
Nabokov traps the reader, like Lolita herself, in the mind of a madman.
Quotes containing the word madman
1. It crosses my mind that Cinna's calm and normal demeanor masks a complete madman.
- Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games
2. Because sometimes you just have to dance like a madman in the Self-Help section of your local bookstore.
- David Levithan, Boy Meets Boy
3. If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the Muses, believing that technique alone will make him a good poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the performances of the inspired madman.