noun. one of the four Gospels in the New Testament; contains details of Jesus's birth and early life.
- Gospel According to Luke
- New Testament
Rhymes with Luke
Sentences with luke
of luke warm water on your plant.
Quotes about luke
1. Jesus!"Luke exclaimed."Actually, it's just me,"said Simon. "Although I've been told the resemblance is startling.
- Cassandra Clare
2. I don't want to be a man,"said Jace. "I want to be an angst-ridden teenager who can't confront his own inner demons and takes it out verbally on other people instead.""Well,"said Luke, "you're doing a fantastic job.
- Cassandra Clare, City of Ashes
3. Malachi scowled. "I don't remember the Clave inviting you into the Glass City, Magnus Bane.""They didn't,"Magnus said. "Your wards are down.""Really?"the Consul's voice dripped sarcasm. "I hadn't noticed."Magnus looked concerned. "That's terrible. Someone should have told you."He glanced at Luke. "Tell him the wards are down.
- Cassandra Clare, City of Glass
noun. (New Testament) the Apostle closely associated with St. Paul and traditionally assumed to be the author of the third Gospel.
- Saint Luke